Safety – Culture & Core Values
Rokstad Power places life, health and the environment among the highest considerations when making critical business decisions. We believe that healthy employees working safely in a sustainable environment is good for business.
We strive for safety excellence – practice safety within the workplace, our homes, and at play.
- No compromise on safety – make safety a thought, an action, a cornerstone belief in everything you do.
- Live safely for yourself, your team, and your family – you work together to ensure safety for all.
- Learn and improve from past experiences – lessons learned fuel our future successes.
Getting the job done is important … getting it done safely is critical. In every decision we make, we consider the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, and communities. Our commitment is demonstrated in how we invest in the best and highest-quality training and equipment, and continually look for opportunities to improve processes and practices. All Rokstad employees take ownership of their responsibility to maintain a safe workplace for themselves, their co-workers, our customers, and business partners.
Rokstad Power will be the leader in HSE management performance for its industry sector. This leadership will be reflected in safety by achieving zero lost time injuries, in health by achieving exemplary employee wellness as measured by the number of sick days per employee per year and in the environment by minimizing operational impact and supporting environmental improvement initiatives as measured by key environmental performance indicators.
Rokstad achieved COR certification in both BC and Alberta in 2013.
Rokstad models its health and safety management system on the OHSAS 18001 international occupational health and safety management system standard.
Rokstad’s safety program has set standards for the power line industry. Our achievements include:
- Industry Leading Safety Management System – includes a comprehensive library of safety standards, safe work practices, safe job procedures and job safety analysis for all tasks with associated risks.
- Safety Observation System – knowledgeable and experienced supervisors teaching employees to eliminate hazards and dangerous conditions by correcting unsafe behavior through positive coaching.
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manuals—a comprehensive system of policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices for performing work safely.