Rokstad Power is committed to the health and safety of all employees, contractors, clients, and the public. The ultimate goal of our HSE policy and program is to have an incident free work environment and to ensure accidental loss does not occur.
This policy acknowledges that every worker has the right to a safe and healthy work environment. Rokstad Power is committed to involving workers through their representatives and the Joint Health and Safety Committee to promote a healthy and safe work environment. Rokstad Power and its leadership agree to work in a spirit of cooperation and consultation with all employees so that continuous improvement in performance can be maintained. All employees, agents, representatives and subcontractors of Rokstad Power are responsible for ensuring the HSE program is followed. Employees at every level are responsible and accountable for themselves and others around them. Each individual within our organization shall take responsibility in upholding Rokstad Power’s commitment to HSE for:
- Complying with applicable HSE laws, industry standards, and our own policies,
- Complying with customer or client safety practices and guidelines,
- Exercising sound judgement when undertaking any work related tasks,
- Remaining sensitive to the concerns of the public, our customers and clients,
- Identifying and mitigating any adverse impact of our operations on the environment in keeping with good environmental and business practices,
- Committing sufficient resources to ensure that employees are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities and are sufficiently trained in HSE practices and procedures to carry them out,
- Taking an active approach to understanding and identifying any potential health, safety and environmental issues that may pertain to work undertaken by Rokstad Power.
All Rokstad Power personnel are responsible for obeying all HSE rules, following procedures, wearing and using personal protective equipment when required, participating in HSE training programs and informing supervisors of any unsafe work conditions or practices.