Diversity & Aboriginal Policies
Rokstad Power is dedicated to providing an atmosphere free from barriers in order to promote equity and diversity. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees, stakeholders and external personnel. It is the policy of Rokstad Power to foster an environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs thereby ensuring equity and diversity in employment. We demonstrate our commitment to this by providing a supportive work environment and a corporate culture that welcomes and encourages equal opportunities for all employees.
Rokstad Power values a strong commitment to Aboriginal inclusion and partnerships. We consider that the majority of power line infrastructure is located on or near the traditional territories or treaty lands of Aboriginal communities and implement our Aboriginal Policy in the following ways:
- Enacting a policy of Aboriginal inclusion whenever possible.
- Providing Aboriginal individuals with training opportunities toward long-term employment in various fields in the power line trade.
- Openly communicating with Aboriginal communities.
- Respecting the various cultural practices and needs of Aboriginal communities.
- Respecting Aboriginal treaty rights.
- Minimizing any negative environmental impacts on Aboriginal or traditional lands.
- Adhering to the highest health and safety standards for all workers.
- Supporting the growth and development of Aboriginal Business through participation in various construction projects.
- Seeking out joint venture/ partnership opportunities.